A BROADWAY STAR-STUDDED COLLECTION OF NEW SONGS GIVING VOICE TO CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS AND THEIR FAMILIES
(New York, NY – February 12, 2021) Broadway Records announced today the release of THE WELLSONGS PROJECT, a collection of 16 new songs performed by an all-star broadway cast including Kate Baldwin, Christine Andreas, Lisa Howard, Ethan Slater, Jason Gotay, Margo Seibert, Allie Trimm, Lisa Brescia, Bradley Gibson, Halle Hunt, Marissa McGowan, Michael Mendez, Will Reynolds, and Vishal Vaidya.
Pre-orders for the CD of THE WELLSONGS PROJECT are available today on BroadwayRecords.com and other major music retailers including Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com ahead of a March 5th release.
The digital album is now available wherever digital music is sold and on BroadwayRecords.com.
THE WELLSONGS PROJECT sprang from occupational therapist Michael A. Pizzi‘s work with children with special needs and their families, giving them a voice to empower them more fully. “Those children and families are the heroes among us,” said Pizzi. “I brought composers with me to interview these children and their families, then each composer would write a song for and about each child. The project eventually took on a life of its own as THE WELLSONGS PROJECT, creating awareness that disability does not mean inability.”
THE WELLSONGS PROJECT Track Listing:
1. Sunshine – Music and Lyrics by Brett Boles, sung by Marissa McGowan
2. My Perfect Day – Music and Lyrics by Nicky Phillips, sung by Lisa Brescia
3. One One Direction – Music by Rick Bassett, Lyrics by Jessica Fleitman, sung by Vishal Vaidya
4. My Very Own Dog – Music by Jeff Saver, Lyrics by Amanda Yesnowitz, sung by Margo Seibert
5. Greta – Music and Lyrics by Grace Goodrich, sung by Will Reynolds
6. Nothing Like Being On A Train – Music by Jeff Saver, Lyrics by Amanda Yesnowitz, sung by Ethan Slater
7. Cheer Girl – Music and Lyrics by Nicky Phillips, sung by Allie Trimm
8. Erin – Music and Lyrics by Jenna Pasquale, sung by Bradley Gibson
9. Spaceship – Music and Lyrics by Jahn Sood, sung by Jason Gotay
10. I Love You – Music and Lyrics by Brett Boles, sung by Halle Hunt
11. Para Ti – Music and Lyrics by Brett Boles, sung by Michael Mendez
12. The Mother’s Touch – Music and Lyrics by Ben Bonnema, sung by Lisa Howard
13. Gordon – Music and Lyrics by Brett Boles, sung by Kate Baldwin
14. Something Beautiful – Music by Ben Boecker, Lyrics by Ben Boecker and Michael Pizzi, sung by Christine Andreas
15. I Love You (Bonus Track) – sung by Michael Pizzi
16. Para Ti (Bonus Track) – sung by Juan
THE WELLSONGS PROJECT is produced by Michael A. Pizzi with music direction by Brian Cavanagh-Strong. It is engineered by James Yost, mixed by Jahn Sood and mastered by Patrick Derivaz
For more information about THE WELLSONGS PROJECT, visit www.wellsongsproject.com on instragram @thewellsongsproject and facebook @wellsongsproject
Broadway Records (Van Dean, President) is the Grammy® winning record label dedicated to preserving musical theatre and theatre vocalists. Recent releases include If The Fates Allow: The Hadestown Holiday Album, Lea Salonga Live In Concert with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Legacy: Two Song Cycles by Ahrens and Flaherty, Georgia On My Mind with an all-star Broadway cast, the soundstage recording of Estella Scrooge, the Grammy® and Tony Award-winning The Color Purple (2015 revival), the Tony Award® winning and Grammy® nominated revival of Once On This Island, the Grammy® nominated Matilda The Musical, Fiddler on the Roof (2015 revival) and My Fair Lady (2018 revival), Anastasia, Bandstand, Groundhog Day, The Lightning Thief and NBC’s television events, “The Wiz Live!” and “Peter Pan Live!”. The label’s critically-acclaimed “Live at Feinstein’s/54 Below” series features top Broadway stars including Patti LuPone, Aaron Tveit, Annaleigh Ashford, Norbert Leo Butz, Sierra Boggess, Laura Benanti, Emily Skinner & Alice Ripley, Adam Pascal & Anthony Rapp, Micky Dolenz and many others. Broadway Records launched the Broadway for Orlando initiative (in partnership with creators Seth Rudetsky and James Wesley) culminating in the all-star benefit single, “What the World Needs Now is Love,” which leaped to #1 on iTunes with no radio airplay. Broadway Records philanthropic endeavors also include the From Broadway With Love benefit concerts for Sandy Hook, Orlando (Emmy Award for Sound) and Parkland. To learn more, visit BroadwayRecords.com.